Finding a job in the fashion industry can be difficult. You might find yourself stuck in an unfulfilling position, or you may work for someone who doesn’t understand your passion for design. Fortunately, there are plenty of opportunities to get your foot in the door and make a career out of what you love. If you’re looking for a new job, here are five ways to find one:
1) Internships are an excellent way to start off – There are internships for all levels of experience, so you never know where you might land on your first try!
2) Networking is also key – if you don’t personally know someone working at a company, it may be worth reaching out via social media or email just to introduce yourself and see what opportunities arise from that connection.
3) Create a portfolio and look for freelance opportunities where you can showcase your skills and apply them to real projects.
4) Consider applying to graduate programs like FIT’s Fashion Design Program where students learn about every aspect of the trade from merchandising to garment construction before entering into their chosen career path post-graduation.
5) Browse online classifieds or social media platforms like LinkedIn